We are happy to announce that for the past five days, IBC-M hosted the Kick-Off meeting of the project ResearchCult in collaboration with local and international partners. The project was launched during the first day of the event at the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in Prishtina and continued for the next four days at IBCM in Mitrovica.
The project “Enhancing Research Culture in Higher Education in Kosova (ResearchCult)” is an Erasmus + project financed by European Commission, and is Coordinated by IBC-M. The project started in November 2019 and ends in November 2020.
The overall aim of the project is to support the enhancement of research culture in Kosovo higher education institutions by supporting the enhancement of existing policy and practices as well as establishing and installing new regulations and mechanisms in project beneficiary institutions in Kosovo, which is achieved through the following objectives:
- Assessing current state of research capacities in Kosovo higher education sector;
- Increasing research stimulation and support by establishing university offices/centers and their strategic plans to support constant research activities among their institutions;
- Enhancing university strategy for publication of scientific research work through developing and approving internationally recognized standards for scientific journals, as well as establishing inter-institutional scientific journals in the key research priorities in Kosovo;
- Promoting research work through annual research joint conference;
- Improving research quality and standards by developing research ethics and integrity regulation and establishing research ethics committees in higher education institutions;
- Facilitating regular access to research publication and establishing an online open-access platform/database for accumulating research knowledge;
- Increasing research publication opportunities through building capacities among researchers in preparing research articles as per international criteria and requirements for publication of research work;
The project consortium is composed of 13 partners from Kosova and European countries.
Partners from Kosova:
International Business College Mitrovica – Coordinator
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”
University of “Haxhi Zeka”, Peja
University of Applied Science, Ferizaj
University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”
University of Mitrovica “Isa Boletini”
University of Gjilan “Kadri Zeka”
University of Gjakova “Fehmi Agani”
Institute for Research, Education and Social Development – IREDS
Partners from EU countries:
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
University of Zagreb, Croatia
University of National and World Economy, Bulgaria
Desk research and methodology development ongoing
As part of the ResearchCult project there are a number of ongoing activities that have not been disrupted by the current COVID-19 outbreak. These current activities include conducting desk research, with various components distributed to be undertaken among the 13 project partners, which include the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, the Institute for Research, Education and Social Development (IREDS) alongside three EU-based partners and 7 educational institutions located in Kosovo.
In addition, identifying the most relevant methodology to be utilised as part of the stimulation of research within institutions that would enable universities and other third-level institutions to offer support to academics and researchers is taking place concurrently. Both of these activities are focused on the final project objective, to support the enhancement of research culture in Kosovo higher education institutions through the enhancement of existing policy and practices. To supplement this objective, a focus on establishing and installing new regulations and mechanisms in project beneficiary institutions in Kosovo has also been developed and will benefit from the current activities.
IBC-M offers a Bachelor degree in Public Service Management and is currently offering a 20% discount on tuition fees on all Bachelor degree programmes for the academic years 2020/21. Click here to apply or contact us for more information: email@example.com