German accredited Higher Education Institution offering Danish Bachelor degrees in Kosovo, Supported by the European Union.
International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M)
Position Title: Academic English Teacher (full time)
Location: Mitrovica, Kosovo
Vacancy deadline: 05th May 2019
The International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M) is a teaching institution for students at 18+ which offers internationally recognised 2 year vocational diplomas and 3½ years Bachelor degrees in the fields of Marketing and Management, International Sales and Marketing, Public Administration, Public Service Management and Environmental and Agricultural Management. Delivering top-class teaching to the highest European standards, the IBC-M is also characterised by its application-oriented approach, which ensures that its graduates hold a qualification that is relevant to the rapidly developing regional job market. The IBC-M motto, “From Theory to Practice”, is a commitment to a permanent orientation to the world of work. IBCM operates in cooperation with the Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education (EAL), the University College Lillebaelt (UCL) and the European education network SPACE. Since February 2013, the IBCM is internationally institutionally and program accredited by the German Evaluationsagentur Baden-Württemberg (EVALAG).
We are looking for full-time Academic English Teacher to support English in the College.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Developing and delivering a creative and engaging conversation based syllabus that builds confidence and promotes the core values of IBCM
- Creating an enthusiastic and engaging classroom atmosphere
- Comprehensively supporting and assisting with student recruitment from the high schools, including the facilitation of the IBCM entrance exam
- Acting as the main point of information and liaison between the high schools and IBCM
- Acting as an ambassador for IBCM in the classroom and in the communities visited
- Delivering conversational classes as part of other English programmes delivered by IBCM
- Undertaking ad-hoc administrative duties within the English department
- Monitoring and reporting on progress and development to the Head of English
Requirements and skills
- Native English speaker
- Recognized English language teaching qualification – TEFL, CELTA, DELTA, TESOL (or recognized equivalent)
- Good communication, social skills and sensitivity, and ability to work in a multicultural, post-conflict setting
- Teaching experience with a similar age group is highly desirable
- Good team player, keen to see the department and college grow
- Marketing or sales experience would be an asset
- An international and dynamic working experience
- 900-1000Eur net p/month
- Fully furnished accommodation in Mitrovica
- Return flights
- 1-year contract with possibility of extension.
- 35 days holiday (per annum)
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject field, please put Academic English Teacher.
The deadline to apply is 05th May 2019. To learn more about our openings, please visit http://ibcmitrovica.eu/en/index.php?/en/about_ibcm/vacancies/.