International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M)
Position Title: Academic English Teacher/ Media Relations Officer (full time)
Location: Mitrovica, Kosovo
Vacancy deadline: 13.02.2019
The International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M) invites applications for Academic English Teacher/ Media Relations Officer. IBC-M is an internationally accredited professional higher education institution offering 2-year vocational diplomas and 3.5-year Bachelor Degrees in the fields of Business, Public Administration and Environmental and Agricultural Management. IBC-M issues its own diplomas as well as double degrees from the Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education in Denmark and the University College Lillebaelt. IBC-M is accredited at the institutional and programme level by EVALAG, a German accreditation agency and member of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), since 2012.
Academic English Teacher responsibilities:
- Teach students how to research, write papers giving advice and helping the students with their written and oral assignments
- Set excellent standards of punctuality, speech
- Make the classroom and college environment stimulating, issue clear instructions, listen to students wants and needs and stimulate dialogue
The Media Relations Officer Responsibilities:
- To represent IBC-M as a point of contact for members of press and media representatives. Be responsible for maintaining the image of IBC-M, gaining publicity, maintaining contacts and creating new contacts with high schools and businesses in Kosovo and internationally.
- Develop a strong social media presence of IBC-M, and keep it well maintained.
- Talking with press and media representatives
- Maintaining social media presence
- Writing press releases and news reports
- Developing media contacts
- Monitoring media coverage
- Communicating with high schools, and building relationships
- Assisting with project connections
- Distributing press releases
- Releasing information about events and initiatives
- Accompanying staff on visits to schools
- Supporting overall IBC-M marketing activities such as promotion (might include travel), advertising and PR;
Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as a big part of the job is networking and communicating while promoting the work of the company. Strong photography skills are a bonus. Quick thinking, intelligent and very articulate. A degree in English, Journalism, Media Relations, or business relate degree is essential. A high level of English is essential as IBC-M is an international college. Need someone who has experience working with social media and in a marketing team of an university
In addition to above mentioned responsibilities, the below tasks might be assigned:
- Perform Business Development related market research in close cooperation with IBCM marketing department; cooperate closely with the marketing department to formulate and implement marketing strategy and sales strategy for IBC-M’s professional services;
- Support with proposals writing and project management
- Native English Speaker (Knowledge of Serbian and/or Albanian is an asset)
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in teaching English;
- Experience in communications
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (Serbian and Albanian is an asset)
- Ability to rapidly build trust and rapport with prospective clients;
- Strong administrative and communication skills;
- Outgoing self-motivated team player with a positive attitude;
- Professional, organized, and dependable.
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference Academic English Teacher/ Media Relations Officer in the subject line) no later than February 13th, 2019.