German accredited Higher Education Institution offering Danish Bachelor degrees in Kosovo, Supported by the European Union.
International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M)
Position Title: Academic English Teacher (full time)
Location: Mitrovica, Kosovo
Vacancy deadline: 23rd June 2019
The International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M) is a teaching institution for students at 18+ which offers internationally recognised 2-year vocational diplomas and 3½ years Bachelor degrees in the fields of Marketing and Management, Public Administration Management and Environmental and Agricultural Management. Delivering world-class teaching with the highest European standards, IBC-M is also characterised by its practice-oriented approach, which ensures that its graduates hold a qualification that is relevant to the rapidly developing regional job market. The IBC-M motto, “From Theory to Practice”, is a commitment to a permanent orientation to the world of work. IBCM operates in cooperation with the Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education (EAL), the University College Lillebaelt (UCL) and the European education network SPACE. Since February 2013, the IBCM is internationally institutionally and program accredited by the German Evaluationsagentur Baden-Württemberg (EVALAG).
We are looking for a full-time Academic English Teacher for current and prospective students.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Developing and delivering a creative and engaging syllabus that builds confidence, increases academic English skills and promotes the core values of IBCM
- Creating an enthusiastic and engaging classroom atmosphere
- Documenting students’ attendance, participation, and academic progress by giving and grading assignments, projects, quizzes and/or examinations that lead to a final grade.
- Comprehensively supporting and assisting with student recruitment from the high schools, including the facilitation of the IBCM entrance exam
- Delivering high quality community-based classes as part of other IBC-M English programmes
- Acting as an ambassador for IBCM in the classroom and in the communities visited
- Undertaking ad-hoc administrative duties within the English department
- Monitoring and reporting on progress and development to the Head of English
Requirements and skills
- Native English speaker
- Recognised English language teaching qualification – TEFL, CELTA, DELTA, TESOL (or recognised equivalent)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference given to candidates with Master’s degree
- Good communication, social skills and sensitivity
- Experience working in a multicultural, post-conflict setting preferred
- Teaching experience with a similar age group is highly desirable
- Good team player, keen to see the department and college grow
- Marketing or sales experience would be an asset
- An international and dynamic working experience
- 900-1000Eur net p/month
- Flight ticket to POO
- 1 year contract with possibility of extension.
- 35 days holiday (per annum)
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation letter and CV to email@example.com.
In the subject field, please put: Academic English Teacher.
The deadline to apply is 23rd June 2019. To learn more about our openings, please visit: http://ibcmitrovica.eu/en/index.php?/en/about_ibcm/vacancies/.